Thursday 22 March 2012

Tollhouse national ID

I have started using the Tollhouse National ID codes on the pages on my website. Using this will help link entries on my site to the information at various other places, including the Turnpike Road website and Tollhouse Alan's Flickr pages.

I am still working on the Devon map. There are a lot of tollhouses in this county so it is taking a while. Tollhouse Alan has kindly provided me with an up to date copy of his spreadsheet and a pointer to some Google Earth information that should speed things up.

I have also been in contact with the Hampshire County Council archives people who are happy for me to link to tollhouse related items they hold, so expect those to start appearing on my site soon. I assume other counties have similar archives and will be contacting them once I have run out of local stuff to link to.

Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment